Work with Records
Work with data in a field
- Tap a field to make changes. FileMaker Go saves your changes when you:
- tap Done in the editing toolbar above the keyboard
- tap outside all fields in a record
- switch to Find mode
- switch to another record, view, or layout
- If you enter data incorrectly in a record, you can restore the original data as long as the information is not committed. To restore original data, tap in the editing toolbar above the keyboard, then tap Revert Record .
- To clear a value from a radio button, touch and hold the field. Then tap Delete.
- If a field is configured as a concealed edit box, the data is displayed as dots. See FileMaker Pro Help.
Any changes you make are also made in the host file (unless you're working with a file you've transferred to your device).
Move from field to field
- Tap a field.
- Tap in the editing toolbar above the keyboard:
- iPhone: or
- iPad: Previous or Next
Insert current date, time, or user name into a field
- Tap the field, then tap in the editing toolbar above the keyboard.
- Tap an option:
- Current Date inserts the current date in a date, number, text, or timestamp field.
- Current Time inserts the current time in a time, number, or text field. (You can also choose Current Time to insert the current date and time in a timestamp field.)
- Current User Name inserts the current user name as specified in Settings.
Select multiple values from a drop-down list
- Tap the field, then choose a value.
- Tap the field again.
- Tap at the end of the selected value.
- Select multiple values.
Work with web viewers
If a layout contains multiple web viewers, FileMaker Go displays at the top of web viewers that are not active.
Tap a web viewer to make it active. Tap again to activate links, or drag to scroll.