FileMaker Cloud 2.18.1 Release Notes
This document provides additional information about Claris™ FileMaker Cloud® 2.18.1. For further information, see the Product Documentation Center, consult the documentation included with your software, or visit the support resources on our website.
FileMaker Cloud 2.18.0 Release Notes
New Features in FileMaker Cloud 2.18.1
- External identity provider (IdP) authentication: FileMaker Cloud team managers can set up account authentication with an external IdP, so that users can sign in with that provider account instead of FileMaker ID. For example, a user who has a Microsoft Active Directory (AD) account can sign in to FileMaker Customer Console using the external IdP information. See FileMaker Customer Console Help.
- New API calls for uploading and updating custom apps: Claris FileMaker® Admin API now includes API calls for uploading apps to FileMaker Cloud and for applying schema and other changes from a clone to an app hosted by FileMaker Cloud. See FileMaker Admin API Guide.
To use all the functionality of this feature, you must be using FileMaker Cloud 2.18.1.
Note: For this release, FileMaker Admin API Guide was updated only in English.
- Addressed an issue that allowed a database file to be renamed using the same characters as an existing database but with different capitalization.
- Addressed an issue where users were asked to enter the encryption password when opening a restored backup of an unencrypted file after the original file was deleted.
- To switch between external IdP accounts, sign out of each account, then quit and restart Claris FileMaker Pro™ Advanced.
- If a user has both a FileMaker ID and an external IdP account, and the account access in FileMaker Pro Advanced was created for only one account, the user can access the app with either account.
- If you use Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) for authentication, make sure that Windows Authentication in the ADFS Edit Authentication Methods dialog box is not selected. If it's selected, you can't sign in using the ADFS account.
- FileMaker Cloud Help and FileMaker Cloud Getting Started Guide were not updated for this release.
- FileMaker Cloud Help refers to clicking the Stop Instance button in Admin Console to begin canceling your subscription. This button has been removed. Your subscription continues until it expires, after which time you have 45 days to retrieve your data. See FileMaker Customer Console Help.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Cloud evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. Although deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, because these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For the latest information about deprecated APIs, technologies, and features, search the Knowledge Base.