FileMaker Cloud 2.18.0 Release Notes
This document provides additional information about FileMaker Cloud® 2.18.0. For further information, see FileMaker Cloud Help, consult the documentation included with your software, or visit support resources on our website.
- FileMaker Cloud 2.18.0 is compatible with FileMaker® 18.0.3 clients at a minimum.
- FileMaker Cloud Admin Console does not display the encryption password if an uploaded or restored file has never been opened.
- To authenticate with a FileMaker ID token and use OData to view the data and schema in a browser, use Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (minimum version 78). Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported.
- The Get(HostIPAddress) function is not supported in FileMaker Cloud.
- Using periods in a filename, except for the period before the fmp12 extension, can cause problems. For example, you can't restore a file that has additional periods.
- If the file for a container field is larger than 256 MB, store the file externally. Do not embed large files in container fields.
Warning:Files hosted by FileMaker Cloud that contain embedded container fields may cause the instance to slow down or stop unexpectedly when large container data is inserted, used, or removed. Files with connected clients may be damaged when the instance restarts. If a file is damaged, use the last backup, or contact Customer Support.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Cloud evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. Although deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, because these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For the latest information about deprecated APIs, technologies, and features, search the Knowledge Base.