FileMaker Cloud for AWS 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
This document provides additional information about FileMaker Cloud® for AWS 18.104.22.168. For further information, see FileMaker Cloud for AWS Getting Started Guide or FileMaker Cloud for AWS Help, or visit our support resources on the FileMaker website.
This software updates FileMaker Cloud for AWS version 22.214.171.124 to version 126.96.36.199, and fixes bugs.
FileMaker Cloud for AWS 188.8.131.52 is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia.
Compatibility and upgrade
- FileMaker Cloud for AWS 184.108.40.206 is compatible with FileMaker 18 Platform clients at minimum.
- You can upgrade to FileMaker Cloud for AWS 220.127.116.11 only from FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168.
New features in FileMaker Cloud for AWS 22.214.171.124
- FileMaker Pro Advanced users now see File menu > Sharing > Upload to Host.
- The FileMaker Admin API is available and is no longer a trial version.
- Admin Console for FileMaker Cloud for AWS and for FileMaker Server now have consistent interfaces, including these navigation changes:
- In Admin Console for FileMaker Cloud for AWS:
- Dashboard page: The Total Connections and Hosted Databases row now shows a Concurrencies field if users connect with a Concurrent Connections license.
- Subscription page: Downloads and Resources under Subscription Center now includes a link to download the license certificate for FileMaker Cloud for AWS and FileMaker Pro Advanced clients. The license certificate is required to install FileMaker Pro Advanced.
|Task||FileMaker Cloud 17||FileMaker Cloud for AWS 18|
|Manage plug-ins||Configuration > System Configuration||Connectors > Plug-ins|
|Manage ODBC data||Configuration > ODBC Sources||Connectors > External ODBC Data|
|Manage FileMaker Data API||Determined by license||Connectors > FileMaker Data API|
|Change root email or password||Configuration > Password and Users||Administration > Administrator|
|Configure Login with Amazon||Configuration > Password and Users||Administration > Administrator|
|Configure external authentication||Configuration > Client Authentication||Administration > External Authentication|
|Download logs||Subscription > Subscription Center||Configuration > Logging|
Japanese emperor era name change
- This software supports the new Japanese emperor era, Reiwa (), which began on May 1, 2019. Japanese Emperor Year (Wareki) dates entered into date fields or used in calculations are changed to a Western Gregorian (Seireki) year and saved internally in the format specified by the file. For example, R1/10/28 is changed to 2019/10/28 (R1 = the first year of Reiwa, or 2019). For more information about Japanese Emperor Year dates, see FileMaker Pro Advanced Help.
Scripts and functions
- When databases are hosted on Windows or by FileMaker Cloud for AWS and accessed via REST APIs, some attributes from the GetContainerAttribute function (for example, photo, created, modified, and all) may return invalid values.
- OAuth users are unable to sign in after an upgrade to FileMaker Cloud for AWS 1.18.0. This problem is caused by a difference in return URLs between this version of FileMaker Cloud for AWS and FileMaker Cloud 1.17.0. To correct this issue: in Admin Console for FileMaker Cloud for AWS, go to Administration > Administrator and note the new OAuth return URL; then log in to your Amazon developer account and update the return URL.
- After importing a certificate, a FileMaker Cloud for AWS restart may fail if clients are connected. To correct this issue, disconnect all clients and then click Restart in the certificate import notification again.
- If clients are connected when you initiate an instance type upgrade, volume storage upgrade, or version upgrade, you see a reminder message that connected users should save their work because they will be disconnected. For any of these instance switchovers (and for instance refresh), you receive an email after the process is complete. Do not make any changes until you receive the completion email.
- FileMaker WebDirect™: In a value list of more than one value, if the initial value contains four times the number of characters as the immediately next value's characters, the initial value's first characters are no longer replaced by the immediately next value's characters.
- Admin Console Subscription page: Instance Settings no longer shows duplicate types with different prices.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Cloud for AWS evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. Although deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, because these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For the latest information about deprecated APIs, technologies, and features, search the FileMaker Knowledge Base. For information about new, changed, and removed features, see the most up-to-date version of FileMaker Cloud for AWS, available on the FileMaker website.