FileMaker Cloud 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
This software updates FileMaker Cloud version 18.104.22.168 to version 22.214.171.124, and fixes bugs.
FileMaker Cloud 126.96.36.199 is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia.
New features in FileMaker Cloud 188.8.131.52
- FileMaker Cloud is now available on the FileMaker 17 Platform.
- The FileMaker Cloud End User License Agreement (EULA) has changed; you must accept the EULA in order to use FileMaker Cloud.
- FileMaker Cloud provides a 90-day trial Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate issued by the Comodo certificate authority. The trial certificate can now be renewed up to 60 days prior to expiration.
- With this release, only the root administrator can perform any purchase-related operations.
- FileMaker Cloud Admin Console now provides a Filter databases option. When this option is enabled, FileMaker Cloud filters databases based on the FileMaker client account name and password, showing users only those databases for which they have login credentials.
- The Admin Console Subscription > Subscription Center page contains your FileMaker license key. To distribute the key to licensed users, click Show and copy the key.
- The fmdapi and stats logs are now available to download from the Subscription > Subscription Center page.
The FileMaker Data API is no longer a trial version. The Admin Console Dashboard page now shows the FileMaker Data API usage against the annual limit in gigabytes (GB).
Extensive updates have been made to the API, including the ability to upload data into container fields and to use script parameters to run FileMaker scripts. For details, see FileMaker Data API Guide.
Compatibility and upgrade
- FileMaker Cloud 184.108.40.206 is compatible with FileMaker 17.0 clients at minimum.
You can upgrade to FileMaker Cloud 220.127.116.11 only from FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168.
To upgrade from FileMaker Cloud 1.15.x or 22.214.171.124, you must first upgrade to FileMaker Cloud 126.96.36.199. If you are upgrading from FileMaker Cloud 188.8.131.52, you must apply the FMUpdate001 patch to upgrade successfully.
- With this release, the t2.small instance is no longer available for FileMaker Cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Version upgrade or instance switchover can fail for t2.small instances. If this occurs, restart the instance in the AWS EC2 Management console.
- When you upgrade from a previous version and have set up Login with Amazon OAuth authentication, the Login with Amazon button disappears. To restore the button, in FileMaker Cloud Admin Console, go to the Configuration > Password and Users tab and save Amazon as an identity provider again.
FileMaker Cloud Admin Console
- After upgrading to FileMaker Cloud 184.108.40.206, you must clear the cache and refresh the tab to view new Admin Console functionality on the Dashboard page and the System Configuration page.
- When uploading database files to FileMaker Cloud:
- In FileMaker Pro Advanced, encrypt the file before uploading it.
- If you have FileMaker Pro and will upload an unencrypted file, check the space available on your storage volume. You need at least three times the file size in space to upload. If you don't have that much space, upgrade the AWS storage volume size before uploading to FileMaker Cloud.
If you request multiple database downloads, after the initial download notification, any subsequent notifications do not appear until the FileMaker Cloud session expires and you sign in again.
FileMaker Admin API
- When you create a message or script schedule and specify a start date parameter with two digits for seconds, the seconds are ignored. For example, a date specified as
2017-10-25 11:30:23returns the result
- When you specify a
gracetimeparameter with the close database call, the parameter is ignored and defaults to 90 seconds (the default for disconnection).
Addressed the following issues:
- Instance settings information can take several hours to appear in FileMaker Cloud Admin Console after an upgrade or switchover.
- When a CSV or TAB file with UTF-8 encoding that contains about 1500 Asian-language characters and has macOS end-of-line (EOL) or UNIX line endings is imported using the Perform Script on Server script step or FileMaker WebDirect, the imported characters become unknown characters.
- This information is missing from the FileMaker Pro Advanced Help: the Get(SystemPlatform) calculation returns 5 for a database uploaded to FileMaker Cloud.
- This information is missing from the FileMaker Cloud Admin API Guide: a new FileMaker error code 214, "Too many login attempts, account locked out" was added.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Cloud evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. While deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, as these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For current deprecation information, see FileMaker Cloud Technical Specifications.