FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
This software updates FileMaker Cloud version 22.214.171.124 to version 126.96.36.199, and fixes bugs.
FileMaker Cloud 188.8.131.52 includes these new and changed features.
- Support for three additional Amazon Web Services (AWS) regions: Canada (Central), Asia Pacific (Sydney), and Asia Pacific (Tokyo). FileMaker Cloud now supports seven AWS regions worldwide.
- The ability to renew the 90-day trial and subsequent Comodo SSL certificates through the FileMaker Store, using the initial host name and the filemaker-cloud.com domain.
- Expiration notification for FileMaker Cloud Bring Your Own License (BYOL) subscriptions.
- Furigana characters are now supported when a file is imported using the Perform Script on Server script step or FileMaker WebDirect.
Compatibility and upgrade
FileMaker Cloud 1.15.x is compatible with FileMaker version 15.0.2 clients at minimum.
Note:FileMaker Cloud 1.16.x (available in October 2017) will only be compatible with FileMaker 16 clients.
You can upgrade to FileMaker Cloud 184.108.40.206 from these versions:
- FileMaker Cloud 220.127.116.11
- FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168
- FileMaker Cloud 22.214.171.124; you must apply the FMUpdate001 patch to upgrade successfully
Note:After upgrading from FileMaker Cloud version 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52, you must refresh your instance before attaching or detaching snapshots of database volumes.
When uploading database files to FileMaker Cloud:
- In FileMaker Pro Advanced, encrypt the file before upload.
- If you have FileMaker Pro and will upload an unencrypted file, check the space on your storage volume. You need at least three times the file size in space available to upload. If you don't have that much space available, upgrade the AWS storage volume size before uploading to FileMaker Cloud.
When a CSV or TAB file with UTF-8 encoding that contains about 1500 Asian-language characters and has macOS end-of-line (EOL) or UNIX line endings is imported using the Perform Script on Server script step or FileMaker WebDirect, the imported characters become unknown characters.
To import characters as expected, do one of the following:
- insert double quotation marks around each field value
- save the file with a different encoding such as UTF-16
- save the file in a non-text based file format such as FMP12, MER, or XLSX
Addressed the following issues:
- The Get(InstalledFMPlugins) function returned an incorrect version.
- The Get(HostName) function did not return an updated host name in FileMaker Pro clients after the domain name had been changed by importing a custom certificate.